Thursday, January 6, 2011

Salutations!

My name is Emily. I'm nearly 23 years of age. My birthday and the 4th of July are my favorite holidays and I love rice pudding.

One of my English teachers in high school told our class that if we don't have a passion, our lives are worthless. That phrase haunted me for a few years because I never felt like I had a real passion. I'm sort of good at some stuff, and I've done some things (like play softball or the clarinet) for years but never was sure that they were passions. They were activities I would just do because I could or because that's where my friends were or because I was expected to do them.

But, one day last year, I was walking down the highway with my friend and she was telling me about her passion for cooking and reading good books and teaching kids to read. As I listened to her I remembered what my English teacher had said and thought, "Wow, how did she become so passionate about these things? How can I find my passion?" So, I told her that my only real passion was trying new things and getting into it enough to have fun and learn the basics and then move on to something new. I'm not sure that even counts.

Fortunately, that's what this class is all about. So I'm excited to be here and I'm ready to experience some educa

I had to leave the post with half a word. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment